Replaying Hands with Bridgify
Have you ever played a hand and wondered if you could have made it? There is a great, FREE, double-dummy analyzer you can use. Click here to download Bridgify. Unzip the executable (.exe) to somehwere (desktop is good). Now,
- Bring up a game from Club Game Scores - Wichita.
- Near the top of the recap, click on
- Click file-save, placing it where you can find it.
- Bring up Bridgify (by double-clicking on the desktop icon).
- Click on load-open file and open the file you saved in step 3.
- Click on the hand you wish to play.
- Click on the contract or denomination icon by the hand you want to be declarer.
- Select the card you wish to play. Continue this to try different lines of play.
I prefer the above method to replay a hand in Bridgify (because you can replay more than one by just clicking on "load" and selecting another hand). However, there is another way.
- In the recap sheet, click on "C" button that is under the Double Dummy Makes for the hand you wish to replay. This brings up a Cut-and-Paste Aid.
- Under "Bridgify Ready Format", select and copy the top line.
- Paste this into the West hand of "New" in Bridgify.
- Select/copy the second line of the Cut-and-Paste Aid window.
- Paste this into the North hand of Bridgify.
- Select/copy the third line of the Cut-and-Past Aid window.
- Paste this into the East hand of Bridgify.
- In Bridgify, click OK (There is no need to copy/paste into the South hand).