Mr. Jay Whipple, III and his team at thecommongame.com run a series of contests where performance
and attendance are rewarded. Clubs play the same set of hands from a common library.
Currently in Wichita, all Steve's games (Monday morning, Wed. afternoon and Friday evening) and both of Diane's games (Thursday evening and Friday afternoon) participate in The Common Game.
The benefits to you are
- Your own personal page that keeps track of your partners, games, and results
- Post mortem analysis on some of the hands you played
- Overall comparison/ranking with other players throughout the country who play the same hands
What you need to do
- Nothing! You get the same Masterpoints as normal. You see your results online the same way (from the Wichita calendar).
- To view you personal page, go to thecommongame.com and login with your ACBL number.
- To view nationwide results for a day game, go here.
- To view nationwide results for a nite game, go here.
What you need to know
- There are some great Common Game tutorials here.
- If the game is a Howell, and your are stationary, your scores will be under N/S or E/W not "Howellers."
- If the game has fewer than four players over 500 masterpoints, it is considered a 299er game.
- If you have fewer than 300 masterpoints you will show up in the 299er results.
- If you have fewer than 300 masterpoints and play in an open game, you may show up both places (open and 299er).